GP PARTNER / MANAGEMENT CHANGES - APRIL / MAY 2017
After over 28 years as a Partner at the practice, Dr Howard Lewis will be leaving the partnership with effect from 30 April 2017. There is no doubt that he will be greatly missed by many of his patients but to provide some continuity he will continue to work as a GP Locum at Rivergreen on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during 2017. His replacement will be Dr Sarah Millar - Craig who is expected to start in May, further details to follow.
After working for the practice for almost 16 years, Mark Milnes, Practice Business Manager will be leaving on 31 March 2017. His replacement, Ian Bonser is due to start on 20 March. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Mark for all his efforts and wish him well for the future.
APPOINTMENTS UPDATE - FEB 2017
In the last month, we have provided 3806 appointments across our clinical team. I am delighted to say that 95.72% were attended by our patients and fully utilised. Unfortunately, this still leaves 4.28% of wasted appointments - 163 in total and something like 40 actual hours of clinical time.
We are doing our very best, please ensure you attend your appointments or if for any reason you can't then please have the courtesy to advise us so that the appointment can be used for another patient.
CQC INSPECTION / REPORT
Following our inspection at the end of September 2016, we have now received our report which is available for perusal on the website Home Page. We were pleased to receive a GOOD RATING in all categories.
NEW LEAF CLINIC AT RIVERGREEN. Is your New Year's resolution to stop smoking then we may be able to help. Just telephone us to book an appointment in one of our THURSDAY MORNING CLINICS, they are already proving to be popular.
PRESCRIPTIONS - Please note that our standard turnaround time is 2 WORKING DAYS.
GP REPORTS - We are often asked to complete Insurance Reports, Holiday Cancellation forms, Passport confirmations etc. This is NOT NHS WORK and in view of the extreme pressure on our core services at the present time, please note that these type of reports will take 15 WORKING DAYS to complete.
NEW URGENT CARE CENTRE ON LONDON ROAD, NOTTINGHAM - see FURTHER INFORMATION section for full details.
NAMED ACCOUNTABLE GP FOR ALL PATIENTS - see section LATEST NEWS for details.
Rivergreen has successfully met the standards for Future Pulse, a new project which aims to improve access to health services for children and young people under 25
Tuesday 7 February 2017 - PM
Tuesday 7 March 2017 - PM
NHS FAMILY AND FRIENDS TEST
Please complete, it's easy, just click on the Friend & Family Test option on the right of this page.
With effect from 3 November 2014, our patients will be able to choose a provider for this service. As we continue to undertake this work at the practice, and in view of the convenience, we will assume that patients will want to use Rivergreen unless we are advised otherwise.
ON LINE ACCESS TO MEDICAL RECORDS. - To access any of our on line services, please ask at Reception or telephone the surgery to request an ON LINE REGISTRATION FORM.
In addition to booking appointments and ordering medication patients will also be able to access their Summary Patient Record, on line, from 31 March 2015. Patients wishing to register for this service must complete an application form available from the surgery and supply photo ID. Additionally, full GP2GP Electronic Transfer of Medical Records will commence at the practice in March 2015.
With effect from 31 March 2016, patients will be able to access coded information in their on line record.
Latest National Patient Survey Results - JULY 2016
We were particularly pleased with our EASE OF GETTING THROUGH ON TELEPHONE score of 79 ( Nottingham CCG average - 72, National average - 73 ) - our best ever survey figure.
Out of Hours Service
With effect from 4 March 2013, the out of hours service will be provided vis NHS 111 which is free from both landlines and mobiles.
Whilst your call will continue to be redirected if you ring the surgery number, our advice is
CALL 111 or if you have a life threatening medical emergency, dial 999.
Advance Booking of Appointments.
Following discussions at our Patient Reference Group, we have agreed to an increase in the time that patients are allowed to pre book some of our GP / Nurse appointments. Patients will now be allowed to book appointments up to 14 DAYS IN ADVANCE. Please note that this is not all appointments, just those designated as pre bookable. The vast majority will remain bookable on the day.
Patient Participation Group
Our next meeting will take place in March / April 2017
ON LINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING
Many of our patients are now taking advantage of this new facility. It not only enables patients to book in advance but also allows them to book "on the day " appointments from 8.00am each day
There is now a free app for your iphone,ipad or other Apple device to access SystmOnline
Simply download from the App store